Sunday, June 28, 2015

We Live, We Love, We Lose..."Now That's It's All Over and Done"...Remembering Chris Squire tonight in Ahmet's House

"Seasons will pass you by"...yes they do indeed. Tonight we celebrate some of the great music of Chris Squire and Yes, as we mourn the passing of one of music's legends...a bassist and songwriter of immeasurable contribution. You will be missed Chris...forever...

An Original, and a Master...

Song List: (Note---All of tonight's selections are from Yes, unless otherwise noted)

Somehow, Someday
Sweetness
Perpetual Change
Lucky Seven--Chris Squire (solo)
Roundabout
Awaken
Heart of the Sunrise
Siberian Khatru
Silent Talking
Every Little Thing
Starship Trooper
Soon
Amazing Grace---Live Yes with Jon and Chris

A statement from Jon on the passing of Chris:

"Chris was a very special part of my life; we were musical brothers. He was an amazingly unique bass player - very poetic - and had a wonderful knowledge of harmony. We met at a certain time when music was very open, and I feel blessed to have created some wonderful, adventurous, music with him. Chris had such a great sense of humor... he always said he was Darth Vader to my Obiwan. I always thought of him as Christopher Robin to my Winnie the Pooh.

We travelled a road less travelled and I'm so thankful that he climbed the musical mountains with me. Throughout everything, he was still my brother, and I'm so glad we were able to reconnect recently. I saw him in my meditation last night, and he was radiant. My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.

Love and light.....Jon"


As always, the podcast is available here Here by about 10PM ET Sunday.  Thank you, Baruch! 

You can also listen in via iTunes (free subscription!) at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ahmets-house/id555391588

Stitcher and TuneIn have also picked us up...welcome!


Thanks for listening! Your servant of the music, Tony Gallucci



No comments:

Post a Comment